Right care information
What is Right Care?
You are receiving this link because following your medical assessment with us today, further information is required in order to determine your suitability for treatment with MSI UK.
What does this mean?
This means that we have to review your medical history in more detail in order to determine the best treatment option for you. The majority of people will be able to have treatment with MSI UK, however some people may need to have an abortion in an NHS hospital.
What happens next?
- Your information has been passed to our Right Care Team. If necessary, and with your permission, they will contact your GP to obtain the relevant medical history.
- If you do not consent to Right Care contacting your GP, the Right Care Team will contact you to discuss how to get the necessary medical information to them yourself. Please note that this may cause a delay to your treatment, as we may have to ask you to obtain information from your GP in order to proceed with treatment.
- Occasionally the Right Care Team may contact you with questions from our Doctors regarding your medical history.
- We will pre-book you an appointment however the Right Care Team will need a minimum of 8 working days to process this referral before we can treat you. Depending on their results this may be delayed further.
- We expect you to receive a decision about your treatment within 8 working days (this does not include weekends or bank holidays). Please note: day 1 is counted from the day after your consultation with us.
Once the relevant medical information has been received, our doctors will carry out a review and the Right Care Team will be in touch with the outcome of their review.
What could the outcomes be?
- Continue with treatment: this means that our doctors have reviewed your medical history and determine that it’s safe for you to continue with treatment with MSI UK.
- Become an NHS Referral: this means that following a review of your medical history, our doctors may determine that your treatment needs to be carried out in a hospital (and not in one of our clinics). We will discuss the hospitals and treatment options that are available to you.
When will you hear from us?
In both cases, the Right Care Team will contact you from a withheld or unknown number. If we are unable to speak to you, we will leave you a voicemail and send you a text to let you know we need to speak to you (if you have consented to text messages).
Please note that the team will take a maximum of 8 working days to get back to you with the outcome of your medical history review.
In the majority of case, most people are able to continue with their treatment with MSI UK.
If we are unable to contact you, this may result in a delay to your treatment. Please note: we will try to call you three times, and send you a text message to notify you of every call attempt. If you miss all of our calls, we will close your referral and you will need to contact us to rebook your appointment.
We are here to support you
The Right Care Team are available Monday – Friday (excluding Bank holidays) 7am – 6pm.
If you need to contact the Right Care team or return our call, please call 0345 450 3857 during these hours and ask to be transferred to Right Care.
We are here for you and are doing our very best to support you. Please treat our colleagues with courtesy and respect. As an independent NHS provider, we share the same zero-tolerance approach towards abuse and mistreatment of our staff.
As a provider of NHS funded services, we have a duty to share certain information with the Department of Health. Please read the declaration to see what data categories are included.
You can read and download more info about how we look after your personal data at this link.
If you would like to request access to your information, for example a medical summary of your treatment or a copy of your scan, please ask a member of staff during your appointment. Once you have left the site, it could take up to a month to obtain them if you need them at a later time.