How to get a vasectomy referral
At MSI Reproductive Choices we have been helping people with their reproductive options for over 40 years. We provide NHS-funded vasectomy care, as well as private (self-funded) treatment, through our network of clinics across England.
On this page, you will find information about how to get a referral for vasectomy treatment with MSI UK.
How to get a referral for a vasectomy
We have been providing vasectomy procedures for the NHS for over 40 years. To book an NHS-funded vasectomy, you will need to get a referral from your GP. In order to do this, you can take the following steps:
– Please call your GP to get a referral for a MSI UK vasectomy treatment
– Your GP will need to fill out a referral form and send it to us
– Alternatively, your GP may wish to refer you using the NHS eReferral system. If so, they will issue you with a Unique Booking Reference Number (UBRN) and password, along with instructions for you to call us to book an appointment. When you call, please give the details to your booking adviser, along with your NHS number, and we will book your appointment.
Please note that an NHS referral will last for one year before it needs to be renewed.
You can find out more about how to access an NHS-funded vasectomy at this link: NHS-funded vasectomy
In some areas of the country, you can refer yourself without seeing your GP first.
People that live or are registered with a GP in one of the areas below can call us directly to make a booking, without having a GP referral:
– Coventry and Warwickshire
– Guildford and Waverley
– North East Hampshire and Farnham
– Surrey Heath
– South Tyneside
At MSI UK, we also provide private vasectomy treatment. If you would like to make an appointment for a private vasectomy, you do not need to go to your GP. You can call us directly to discuss your options. We will take your details over the phone and book your consultation and procedure appointments. If you choose to have your consultation appointment over the phone, we will ask you to pay the consultation fee before we book you in for your procedure.
You can find our private vasectomy costs at this link: Private vasectomy
Learn more about vasectomy
Vasectomy is a permanent method of contraception. It is important to know what to expect when accessing our vasectomy services.
Find out how to access and book an NHS-funded vasectomy.
Find out how much it costs to access private vasectomy care.
Answering commonly asked questions about a vasectomy.